March 28, 2016

What the Jacobs Kids Say

These kids have a LOT to say.  They're always making me laugh, and it's so hard to get everything down.  Here's a few things I've been able to record lately.
 
Don't let that sweet smile fool you, he can be a handful at the table.  He LOVES blowing raspberries when he's eating.  It's 50% frustrating and 50% adorable.
 
Emily and the boys were racing around the yard.  When she got to me, she said, "I'm as fast as a Cheeto!!"
 
Charlie playing Connect 4 with Daddy - "Cool game, dude!'
 
 
On Saturday (day before Easter), I put Emily to bed and then forgot something in the room.  I came back in after being gone for probably a minute or so.  Emily was lying there very still with her eyes squeezed shut.  She peeked up at me and said, "Oh, Mommy.  I thought you were the Easter Bunny!"
 
He made a garden with toys, etc and was watering it.
Charlie - "My tummy's getting lot of burpin'.  Yep, a lot of burps.  That means we need to make lunch 10 times!"
 
Charlie - "I also went poop in the potty!  I'm like a machine!"
 
Emily sings Baa Baa Black Sheep, but thinks the words are "Baa baa black sheep, have you any moles?"  I'm proud of my future livestock dermatologist.
 
Helping me scrub the floor
 
Charlie is now potty trained!!!  I asked him if he needed to go the other day and he said, "No, I'm just full of energy."
 
Andrew put a coin in his mouth the other day and accidently swallowed it.  He came sobbing hysterically to me saying he had a penny caught in his throat.  I calmed him down, talked to the doctor, and explained the poor, unfortunate coin's fate.  Emily was grossed out beyond anything.  I said, "Yeah, it's pretty gross."  Andrew piped up, "But kind of cool."
 
Andrew- "It's too bad you'll be a grandma.  You make a great mom." 
Apparently he thought I wouldn't be his mom when I became a grandma.  He was relieved when I explained it to him.
 
When he wants a bottle, he crawls around saying, "Na na!! Na na!!!"  Pretty cute, little guy.
 
Henry loves when his brothers and his sister are sitting or lying on the ground.  He hurries over and crawls all over them, happily slapping them in the face.  He's big into drumming his hands on chairs and tables and everything....unfortunately that includes people. :)
 
I came in and the scriptures were all over the ground. 
Me:  "Oh no.  What's on the ground that shouldn't be?"
Emily with bowed head, turns her eyes up to me and said very solemnly: "The scriptionaries."
 
Emily drew our family as "rainbow babies."
 Emily after I took away something she was pretending was a sword because she was being rude - "But now how will I protect myself from pedators, and babies, and kids of humans?!?!?!"
 
Andrew's leprechaun
 Andrew- "I kind of like rainbows.  They're like a party for your eyes that everyone's invited to see."
 
Andrew wanted to play with Charlie and he didn't want to, so he said, "I don't want to.  I don't like you."  Andrew went into his room and sobbed.  I brought C in and told him he shouldn't say things like that.  Charlie watched him for awhile, then started to cry. 
Charlie:  "I love you, Andrew!  I'll play wif you.  I promise."
Andrew, wiping away tears: "Really?  You will? You promise?"
I loved watching the love they have for each other.  I wasn't going to make them play together, and it was just too sweet to see him feel love for his brother and want to make him happy again.
 
Cute little Henry loves taking baths.
 
Emily - "Daddy, were you a girl baby or a boy baby?"
 
I looked over and it looked she was just a head.
Emily - "Oops, dropped it.  Can someone get my spoonie?"
 
The kids were eating a picnic lunch outside and I was in the kitchen cleaning up.  I overheard Charlie say, "This is the best lunch EVER!"  Andrew then said, "That's cause we have the best Mom ever."
It made me cry, and made me happy to be the mom of such wonderful kids.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh my gosh. So sweet. I love those little sweeties. Emily with the Easter Bunny. Too cute. The story of Andrew crying at the end and Charlie crying and telling him he will play with him made me cry. What sweet angels.

Lori said...

This is so cute! Makes me excited for the stage where Venna starts talking! Hope you guys are well!